RBRP Chapter 4 - 11
Redemption of the Blue Rose Princess
Translator: Baobao
Proofreader: Dream
Chapter 4 -11 : The Dark-haired Aide is Reaching Out His Hand
"Are you still resentful enough to kill me?"
Alicia's question dissolved into the thick water. The Aide did not respond, as he slowly held up the glistening dull sword like usual.
After all, it was her destiny to be killed by this man.
It was then, when she closed her eyes to give up,
"Your Highness looks exhausted. I will just tell my report tomorrow."
"If it's about history or current affairs, I, Clovis, could assist the Princess."
"Please get off from that place at once. If anything, Your Highness will fall down being blown off by the wind!"
"I shall devote my all to serve Her Highness Alicia."
With a straight gaze of those clear eyes resembling amethyst, the figure of the young Aide who stated his vow came to her mind. Thus, Alicia opened her eyes.
"You won't kill me."
His usual cold-looking eyes turned warm.
He always looked calm and composed, but in reality, he was easily flustered.
And despite being flawless, he also had a timid and frail side.
In her second life, Alicia had seen different aspects of Clovis Cromwell.
Perhaps she was deluded by the curse of her previous life.
“I command you as a Princess. You shall serve and assist me in changing the future.”
Alicia reached out her hand to the Aide who was on the brink of swinging his sword. Her eyes were no longer afraid, as she embraced the strong light.
“The future of this Kingdom that puts you in misery, and also this despicable world, I will change it. So, take my hand.”
His sword was still raised, as he stared coldly at Alicia. Nevertheless, Alicia still held out her hand, shouting to the man imposingly.
"Your hand, Clovis! You are my Aide, right?!!"
At that moment, the thick water was being pushed out, and clear, transparent water enveloped Alicia’s body. His cloak fluttered in the stream of pure water, as the beautiful Aide released his sword.
A gentle smile appeared on Clovis’ beautiful face. Alicia, who was fascinated by his violet eyes, had her stiff hand gently brushed with Clovis' slender, white fingers.
When their hands held each other tightly, Alicia regained her consciousness.
...
“Your Highness?”
Alicia slowly blinked as she wondered where she was. Her eyes which were used to darkness immediately grasped that she was lying on her own bed.
Felt something warm wrapping her right hand, Alicia took a look, and her blue eyes widened.
“Clovis…..?”
“Don’t push yourself, please. Does Your Highness remember? Your Highness fainted in Hall of Time.”
Clovis immediately supported Alicia’s back with his large hand as Alicia was about to rise. Meanwhile, his other hand remained connected as if to protect the young lady.
Perhaps, this Aide had completely forgotten. Then Clovis, who noticed Alicia’s line of sight immediately got flustered as he remembered that he was still holding the Princess’ hand.
“This is…..! I apologize!”
"Don’t let go!"
Clovis raised his head in surprise towards Alicia who raised her voice commandingly. Those cold violet eyes widened once he saw Alicia’s face.
“Why is Your Highness crying?”
“Huh?”
Only when he told her, that she noticed drops of tears falling down. The warm tears fell down one after another with a drip, creating a big stain on the sheets.
Looking at his Master who suddenly started crying, Clovis furrowed his fine eyebrows like he was troubled. Hesitantly, he gently wiped Alicia’s eyes with his rough and bony fingers.
"Can’t Your Highness rely on me?”
Alicia hiccuped as she tried to hold back her tears. As if seeing right through her, once again, Clovis’s finger brushed the corner of her eyes, this time without any hesitation
“Please don't hold it all alone. I couldn’t just sit still when Your Highness is crying.”
“Uh……..”
Alicia stopped resisting. The Princess slipped out a small sob and then wept like a newborn baby. Wiping her overflowing tears with both of her hands, a large and warm hand patted her back continuously.
Until now, she had been holding it all alone.
However, once it was broken, she couldn't hold back her true feelings anymore.
“I had…. a dream…”
“Yes?”
"In my dream, I was scorned by everyone."
“Oh…”
“I was scorned, alone, and dead…!”
No, those were wrong.
Putting her heavy pretense away, Alicia let it all out at once.
"I...will be killed...in... the near...future. No, I...already….dead...once...uh…in the...future. And then...I was reborn."
She recalled the memories from right before her death just recently.
She was the Queen of this Kingdom in her previous life.
She had died as the "Poisonous Rose of the Kingdom".
And she was entrusted to change the future by the Star Envoy.
As expected, she avoided the fact that Clovis was the one who took her life away. However, before Alicia knew it, she had disclosed more than half things she pledged not to tell anyone to this young man in front of her.
During her confession, Clovis didn't even say a word to interrupt, except nodding for a few times. When she was done, her head had cooled down and the feeling of regret began to sprout within Alicia's heart.
Clovis probably thought that Alicia was surely out of her mind.
But, well. If he wanted to laugh, he better just laugh it out.
The Aide let out a wry smile towards Alicia, who abruptly went silent. It was like he sensed what Alicia was feeling.
"Your Highness thinks that I won't believe it, right?”
“Even I myself think it’s ridiculous.”
Alicia immediately turned away to hide her reddened eyes. Then, she felt her right hand being squeezed tighter.
“I believe in Princess Alicia’s words”
“Liar...”
“I don’t tell lies to Your Highness”
“You’re lying!”
Alicia shrieked, glaring at Clovis with her damp eyes. But Clovis shook his head slowly and looked at his Master earnestly.
“Your Highness is not someone who says such things on a whim. Besides, Your Highness is suffering in front of my eyes. There is already a good number of reasons already.”
Tears kept flowing from Alicia’s eyes. Through her blurred sight, the beautiful man’s face seemed to overlap with his gentle smile that she saw in her dream.
“I had vowed to dedicate my all. I will change Your Highness’ deplorable future, because I am Your Highness’s Aide.”
I told you already. That the future can be changed.
Alicia once again broke down crying, as she felt that she heard the breeze laugh while saying those words with Star Envoy’s voice.
Comments
Post a Comment