He's not a Lizard but a Dragon 31 - 44
Chapter 31 - Transmigrator Michika and Her Son’s Confession
“Michika, you’ve been acting strange.”
We went back to the mansion and had a late breakfast… or rather dinner since it was already late in the evening. Then, Cedric sat down next to me, who was sitting on the couch being in a daze.
He leaned closer, staring at me.
He was… too close.
I, who was still feeling agitated even until now, looked away from Ced.
Even though I had a husband in another world, I had no experience with romance. I married my childhood friend, skipping almost all the stages of dating. So now that I had become aware of my feelings, I didn’t know what to do.
It was Minnea who said that Cedric might ‘like’ me, it wasn’t a fact…
And just because Minnea said something weird as her parting words, I got this flustered with our usual distance.
I was already thirty-two years old. Yet I didn’t have a single ounce of maturity in me.
“Uhm… is Minnea doing alright…?”
“We don’t need to talk about that woman anymore.”
When I brought up Minnea to divert the topic, Cedric snapped at me with a strong tone, showing off his displeasure.
He was stalked, being barged into, drugged, and sexually assaulted by her. To the point of saying that he was going to cut off his mate ties with her. It was certainly not a pleasant topic for Cedric.
Although… he also was being too much. I felt sorry for Minnea.
It was very painful when the person you love didn’t love you back.
“Michika…”
Cedric called my name in earnestly and embraced me tightly. Our bodies were closely pressed together on the narrow couch, and his immensely beautiful face was drawing close to mine. He kissed my hair and cheeks again and again, gently clasped my hand, and intertwined his long fingers in mine. Then he rubbed my palm gently with his thumb.
This was just the usual Cedric, being over touchy. I couldn’t let it get to me.
“Ced! Too close!”
“But I want to stay close to Michika.”
Boldly rebuking me, he rubbed our cheeks together before burying his face in my neck and sucking on my skin lightly.
“Hya!”
Feeling ticklish, I couldn’t help but let out my voice. Then, I heard Cedric’s chuckle close to my ear.
“Your voice is really adorable, Michika.”
“W-what is adorable about it? I am a 32 years old lady!”
Hearing my words, Cedric turned up from my neck. He whispered softly in my ear.
“Whether you are thirty, forty, or more, you will always be a ‘pretty’ woman to me, Michika.”
“Ah!”
My face instantly turned hot as he whispered to me in a sweet voice.
My son truly was a natural at this.
What woman wouldn’t be happy to hear such a line from an exquisite beauty?
I mean, wasn’t he too effortless at this? Was he really eighteen years old?
No, I had watched him grow up, so I was certain of it.
“Uhm, Ced-”
It was the first time I kissed Ced again ever since that night when I just met him.
Gazing at his beautiful face, I was about to say, “Don’t tease me,” and yet Cedric’s beautiful lips blocked my words… He parted his lips, leaving me with that soft sensation that still lingered, before coming close again. Then, he kissed me gently again and again as if pecking on me.
Escaping from reality, I ended up thinking about useless thing.
Right… why was I being kissed by Cedric?
“C-ced, stop…”
“Michika, I love you. Not as your son, but as a man.”
He said passionately, holding me tightly. Didn’t know what to do, I was lost for words.
“Michika, you saved me from hell and taught me how to be human. You gave me a 'family’ once again. You have never failed to shower me with affection every single day. I am in love with you since I was fourteen. I don’t want to be tied to my soulmate, I want you, Michika. I love you and I see you as a woman…”
Making such a bold confession, Cedric held me up in his arms.
He had been… in love with me since he was fourteen? I couldn’t believe he had feelings for me from that long ago.
“Do you dislike me as a man, Michika?”
“C-ced, I…”
When he asked me with such a serious expression, I stuttered and my face turned red. Looking at me being like that, Cedric gave me another gentle kiss.
“I was actually going to take more time and wait until you’re ready. But Michika is just so adorable today, that I don’t think I can resist it anymore.”
His pale cheeks were dyed in peach, and his crimson eyes, framed by white lashes, were drowned in passion. My mind turned numb as I got hit by a tremendous amount of his charm.
Cedric paced, moving his long legs upstairs, probably towards the bedroom…
This was bad. It was obvious what Cedric was going to do.
I tried to wriggle out of his arms, but due to the difference in size and the strength of beastkin, I couldn’t resist at all, as if I was a child resisting an adult.
I felt sorry for him, but I would use my ‘Complete Protection’ and talk it out with him.
I decided, and activated ‘Complete Protection’. But then, I realized.
‘Complete Protection’ was only protecting me from 'danger’ and ‘things I wasn’t comfortable with’.
My ‘Complete Protection’ didn’t respond to Cedric at all.
In other words, I was… towards Ced… and also his feelings…
I already accepted it at the bottom of my… heart.
A/N
At nearly 70,000 words, the R18 is finally starting _(:3」∠)_
T/N
Buckle up cause finally some smut next chapter :D
Thank you so much for all the support until now. I really appreciate it.
Chapter 32 - Transmigrator Michika Was Aware and Frightened [½]
[[R-18]]
He easily carried me upstairs, and gently lowered me onto the bed.
Cedric’s face when he stared at me was filled with that lust of a ‘man’, and it made my heart churned.
This wasn’t good. If this went on, we would end up sleeping together.
And it would change our relationship forever.
I was so afraid, that I desperately pushed Cedric’s face away as he leaned over to kiss me.
“Ced, you’re not considering my feelings at all! This is just like what Minnea did to you!”
“The same as Minnea…”
Cedric looked hurt as he heard my words. His crimson eyes were wet, as those lovely tears began to fall down his cheeks. His tears sparked a guilt in me.
Cedric let out a small, sorrowful sob. I wanted to reach out and wipe his tears away, but I held it back, as I didn’t have the right to do it now.
I purposefully used words that hurt Cedric since I wanted to get away from this situation. I couldn’t just wipe his tears away.
“You seem to be jealous of Minnea today, Michika. You are also acting like you are… conscious of me. Is that just my assumption?”
“That's…”
Cedric asked me, almost sobbing. I got stuck on my tongue.
“It’s a misunderstanding. We are mother and son.”
If I said that, Cedric would surely stop this altogether. And we would be able to return to our former ‘mother and son’ relationship.
Yet, my lips was slightly trembling, unable to speak the words.
Perhaps taking my silence as an answer, Cedric’s fair and beautiful hands ran over my clothes. He carefully undid the buttons and spread my garment open.
“Michika, if you don’t love me and this is hurting you…”
Cedric paused, and looked at me with a somber expression.
“Please, kill me. I don’t need this self, whose existence is hurting you, and also this world where my feelings are not reciprocated, Michika…”
Cedric’s piercing gaze and his earnest words, which were filled with compulsion scorched my heart to ashes.
It felt really painful. I couldn’t pretend to not notice anymore.
That I also had the same feelings for Cedric…
“Michika…”
Cedric, who had positioned himself on top of me, touched my neck with his trembling hand. He looked sorry as I shuddered a little from his cold fingers.
His hand lifted up my inner garment and caressed my belly, which I felt self-conscious of. My belly wasn’t flat anymore.
I hadn’t been touched like this by someone after my ex-husband. I thought it would be more frightening or even disgusting.
Yet, I strangely didn’t feel scared of Cedric’s touch.
“What should I do… why don’t I feel scared…”
Cedric smiled joyfully as I mumbled to myself. Then, he gently pressed his lips on mine. His beautiful white hair brushed against my cheeks, and a sweet scent drifted softly into the air. It was Cedric’s gentle scent.
“Michika, open your mouth.”
Cedric whispered sweetly after dropping a few kisses. I complied and opened my mouth slightly.
Then Cedric’s tongue, which was a little longer and colder than human’s, invaded my mouth in a soft motion. His tongue licked my lips faintly, before slowly teasing the inside of my mouth. As we kissed passionately, Cedric held me close, mingling our bodies’ temperature together.
“I love you.”
The words of love that he gave in between our kisses made my heart quiver.
This wasn’t good, I would fall for him even more if this continued.
I already decided not to fall for anyone anymore. And yet, when did this young man, who was a mere boy not long ago, find his way into the cracks of my heart?
Cedric drew his lips away and skillfully stripped me from my clothes. I watched him did that as I was still dazed by the lingering taste of a passionate kiss that I hadn’t felt for a long time.
“You look so beautiful Michika.”
Cedric didn’t do that just to flatter me, as he was smiling when he saw my plain naked body. Ced really had a strange taste… he just saw Minnea’s body not too long ago, and Minnea’s body was much more beautiful than mine.
“I’m not young anymore, and not even beautiful to begin with. It's… embarrassing to hear you say that.”
“No, you are the most beautiful woman in the world.”
Cedric whispered and dropped a kiss on my chest, then on my stomach. He made a soft kissing sound as if to release my tension.
I wonder if it was okay to accept Cedric like this.
The fear shook my heart.
I… had finally not only accepted him, but also admitted that I loved him. I wasn’t even afraid of Cedric’s touch.
And yet…
The memories of ‘Yuki-kun,’ who was changing, became a dark shadow that shrouded my heart.
When I thought that Cedric would be just like ‘Yuki-kun’…
“Unhgh…”
The sudden pleasure made me moan. I looked at the source, and saw that Ced was kissing my lady part.
“Ced! It’s dirty!”
I was embarrassed and tried to close my legs, but his hands held my thighs strongly and wouldn’t let me close them.
“Every part of you is beautiful, Michika. I love you so much.”
At that moment, I could see that person’s face overlapped with smiling Cedric.
It gave me a slight shudder.
A/N
Michika’s anxieties still remain. _(:3」∠)_
T/N
Me the entire time: (。ノω\。)
Thank you so much for reading my translation ^^
Chapter 33 - Transmigrator Michika Was Aware and Frightened [2/2]
[R-18]
“Ced…”
Cedric skillfully teased me with his tongue. He licked my petals in a slow and steady motion, occasionally thrusting his tongue inside. I swayed my hips in response to his teasing, and Cedric just chuckled.
“I know it’s been a while, so let’s take our time getting used to it.”
He said, gently kissing my petals again and again, teasing the buds with the tip of his tongue. His smooth tongue was taking its time to make sure my ladybits were ready. Getting excited by his stimulation, juices started to drip down my honeypot. Cedric sucked them all without hesitation, making a loud slurping sound.
“Ah… hnnn…”
He slurped my juices over and over again, causing me to moan.
Hearing wet sloppy sounds coming from my most embarrassing part, I writhed in shame. And yet, Cedric didn’t turn his face away from my crotch.
Feeling satisfied after caressing my petals and buds, he proceeded to bury his tongue deep into my entrance, and began to explore my inside.
“Ced, Ced… Ahh.”
Cedric’s tongue, coated with his saliva, moving back and forth across my narrow passage. It felt so good that I let out a cry.
“Michika, your voice is so lovely.“
Pulling his tongue out, Cedric whispered to me. His lips, glistening with my juice, formed into a smile. I felt a shiver run down my spine looking at how alluring he looked.
"Ced… that’s,”
“I’ll make you feel good, even more than this…”
Saying that, Cedric spread open my petals, showing off my clit, and lightly teased my entrance with his tongue.
“Aaahh!”
I cried out from the stimulation, while Cedric happily sucked on my exposed private part.
The caress, which by no means amateurish, reminded me that he was used to it. And that fact made my heart throbbed a little.
“Ahhn!”
Cedric’s long, beautiful fingers gently poked inside me.
Cedric opened my narrow passage very carefully, mingling the juices around with his fingers.
Two of his fingers were moving inside me, while he sucked on my buds, alternating between weak and strong pressure. I could feel some heat coming from my lower abdomen, as my mouth constantly letting out a coquettish sound.
“Ced. I’m not a virgin, so you don’t have to be so careful…”
Each time my buds were stimulated, I tightened myself around Cedric’s long fingers, trying to hold on to that feeling. Being out of breath from his teasing, I pleaded to Cedric.
At this rate, I was going to go crazy from how good it felt.
“I want to hold you dearly, even more gentle than handling a virgin. So please, let me cherish you forever?”
The moment I heard Cedric’s words, I was so happy that body was trembling. I felt like crying.
“You will cherish me forever…?”
‘He’ also said he would cherish me. That person, who betrayed me so cruelly.
In the end, wouldn’t Cedric turn out to be like that? I wasn’t really sure.
"I will, certainly.”
I was captivated with his crimson eyes. His impeccably beautiful face showed sincerity, that even I, had such a faint hope that maybe, it would be okay to trust Cedric.
“I love you, Michika.”
He whispered, taking my hand and kissed it over and over.
What should I say? I also felt the same…
“I love you too, Cedric…”
Cedric’s eyes widened as I responded in a shaky voice.
“Are you sure?”
“Yes, I am.”
“You see me as a man?”
“I do…”
I gently reached out to him, who seemed like he couldn’t believe my words. And as soon as I did, he rubbed his cheeks against my palm. I couldn’t help but smile at his adorable gesture that hadn’t changed in four years.
Still rubbing his cheek against my palm, Cedric unbuttoned his pants with his free hand, before pulling down his underwear in one go.
“?!”
Cedric’s towering member was peeking through his white bushes down there. It looked so muscular that thick, reddish-brown veins were crawling all over it, making it impossible for me not to stare.
“Ced.”
“Yes?”
“You really are… a man.”
Cedric tilted his head in confusion as I muttered the obvious.
“Michika, I am not a fourteen-year-old child anymore, I am a grown man now.”
Cedric whispered softly and grabbed the back of my knee to open my leg. He probably saw my juices still oozing when he spread me open.
Slowly, he touched my entrance with his hot tip.
I could feel the raw sensation of our skin touching each other before Cedric’s hot shaft came invading my inside.
“Nghh.”
I let out a moan, pushing aside the agitation that I had for fourteen years. He gently kissed my forehead and cheeks.
“We can stop here if you don’t like it, Michika.”
I slightly shook my head at Cedric’s caring words.
What had been such a frightening thing to do was not that frightening with Cedric.
The moment I kissed Cedric’s hand to say it was okay, he sighed in relief.
"I love you, Michika.”
Cedric said, kissing me lightly as he drilled himself deep inside me.
His core was pushing my inside open with such a slick sound. It stimulated my inside so much that I involuntarily arched my back. Cedric continued to embrace me and moved his hips in a gentle and slow motion.
“Ced… Ced…”
“Michika… we finally became one.”
Cedric, who was smiling as he said that, looked so beautiful to me.
I was happy. I was so happy that it… scared me.
I was afraid that this happiness would slip out of my grasp. That was what I was afraid of.
But at the same time, I really hated myself for not being able to believe that Cedric truly loved me.
“I love you so much…”
Cedric whispered and held me to his chest. His body temperature felt completely different from Yuki-kun. And somehow, I was relieved by that.
Chapter 34 - Transmigrator Michika Was Running Away
Cedric was in high spirits lately, ever since we became ‘lovers’ instead of ‘mother and son’.
“Good morning Michika, you are so lovely today too.”
Cedric said, holding me in his arm without a single clothing on him. We both just fell asleep immediately last night, exhausted after making love.
The morning sun radiated on him, inducing sparkles on his cheeks and shoulder, which were covered in scales. That scene looked fantastically beautiful.
“Ced, you are so lively these days.”
“Well, that’s because you are my lover, Michika. I’m just so happy…”
Cedric smiled shyly, before kissing my cheeks and forehead. He then smiled again, now with content before gently pressing our lips together.
I had never thought I would embrace a man fourteen years younger than me.
Also, thinking about it rationally, wasn’t it a crime?
The age of adulthood in this place was eighteen, so there was no problem with the law. But, common sense of the past world sometimes got to my head when I thought about how he was at the age of someone who just graduated high school. No, even with common sense, there were not many cases where the woman was 14 years older than the man.
Besides, the maids at this mansion had been looking at us with a teasing smile. They seemed to know about Cedric’s unrequited love since long ago.
“Michika. Do you love me?”
Cedric asked, his cheeks were dyed in red like a shy little girl, showing off both his delight and sex appeal. I couldn’t help but blush from his charm.
“I do.”
I responded and brushed the scales on his cheeks with my fingertips, which were still in the color of cherry blossom seashells. Looking elated, Cedric let his cheeks caressed by me.
“Ced… how could you fall in love with this old woman?”
Cedric groaned in frustration when I asked that genuine question.
Cedric was eighteen. He was a handsome boy, and was capable to fall in love with anyone despite being a beastkin. There should be an infinite number of options for him. He shouldn’t have chosen me.
“Michika, you are the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen.”
“Your taste is strange, Cedric…”
“Michika!”
Cedric raised his voice a bit, cupping my cheeks in his hands.
“You’re the only one for me. It has to be you, Michika. I don’t care about other women…“
But we never know that a year from now.
I swallowed the words that were about to come out.
The days I spent with Cedric felt pleasant and warmed my heart. It reminded me of the happy days I spent with Yuki-kun.
It also reminded me of the kind Yuki-kun who suddenly changed one day.
Even if Cedric wouldn’t change to be like Yuki-kun, there was a good chance that he would lose his interest in me in a few years as I was getting older. And by then, I would have already fallen for Cedric to the point of no return…
“Michika. What are you so anxious about?”
Cedric lowered his eyebrows in concern before once again kissing me softly.
He looked at me as if to peer into my heart.
“I love you, Ced…”
Ignoring his question, I whispered and hugged him. He returned it with a gentle hold.
I pressed my face against his chest to hide the tears and sobs that were slowly building up as he gently patted my head.
The days I spent with Cedric were sweet and filled with happiness. But the happier I got, the more anxious I became.
Every time I came home every night, I was terrified that Cedric would have changed the moment I opened the door.
It was now a daily occurrence that I halted in front of the door, hands were shaking as I was trying to reach the doorknob.
The fear that he would change were slowly eating me away.
Wouldn’t it be better to run away? Holding on to the happy memories that I had now?
* * *
I ate my meal as usual and saw Cedric off to the entrance as I wasn’t working today. When he was finally out of sight, I went back to my room and took out a paper from my drawer.
“Now…”
I wrote down each letter one by one, which I wasn’t very good with, since I learned it only after I came to this world.
Writing that the mansion and the remaining property in the mansion would be given to Cedric, I slightly tilted my head to see what I had written. Surprisingly, there wasn’t much that needed to be written down.
“Ah, right! I need to write that down too.”
As for the two maids, I had set aside enough money to pay them for another ten years. l also added a note that if they wanted to quit, they should hand me back the rest of their salary.
Also…
‘I love you, Cedric. But deep down, I’m scared that you, the person that I love might change’
I wrote about what happened between Yuki-kun and me, without mentioning the existence of another world.
‘Ever since I came into this world, I never told anyone about my past…’
‘My parents died in an accident, and the relatives who took me in were abusing me and took away my parents’ inheritance.’
‘The person I loved, who supposed to save me from that hell, betrayed me in the most horrible way.’
‘My past isn’t that all happy.’
‘And compared to that, the four years I spent with you, Cedric, are a blessing.’
‘I’m sorry I don’t have the courage to believe you. Please don’t look for me.’
By the time I finally finished writing it down and inserted the letter back to the envelope, my face was already full of tears.
“I am so sorry, Ced…”
I placed the envelope on the desk and cried for a while.
He was going to be hurt because of my selfishness. That crybaby would probably cry a lot from this.
Please, let him find someone who would make him happy and love him back the same.
After wishing for such a selfish thing, I left the mansion with a small backpack on my back.
A/N
Finally, the story caught up with the synopsis…!
It will continue to be a little dark, but I hope you will support me until the end.
Chapter 35 - He, Who Was Looking for Michika (Yukiya)
I couldn’t find Michika.
She had no one to turn to due to what I did. It wasn’t likely that she stayed with one of her ‘friends’.
It also wasn’t in her nature to rely on my parents. My parents were always so kind to her, she loved my parents. The fact that I was abusing her would certainly broke my parents. She wouldn’t turn to them, for her kindness wouldn’t let her to make them sad.
But then… where was she?
I hadn’t given any money to Michika, so she couldn’t have gone far.
I had been looking around for places where she could stay as a live-in worker within the walking distance. But I couldn’t find Michika anywhere.
I also hired a private detective to check out some support shelters, but he said that no one who looked like Michika was traced in the nearby shelters.
I swore I wouldn’t make any mistake next time, I just wished for Michika to come back…
I kept looking for Michika even after I graduated from college and got a job.
Months passed… and before I knew it, seven years had gone by.
My friends were all saying that I should give up for good. They treated me like a tragic man who was still chasing after his woman after she left me.
That was partly true, but there was a huge gap between the truth and what they thought it really was.
My friends thought that Michika left me for her own selfish reasons since I told them so many things that were not true.
But in reality, it was my fault that Michika left.
I was unable to tell my friends the truth because I was just a pathetic man, caring more about my dignity than correcting my lies.
“How heartless of her. You’ve been so good to her.”
Said Rina, a mutual friend of Michika. She puffed out her cheeks as she said that to me. I only gave her a wry smile in response.
I was together with Rina in a pub. She was worried since I was looking exhausted, looking for Michika every day. Hence she was taking me out for a drink every now and then.
Rina seemed to have a thing for me. However, I ignored most of her advances since I had no interest in any woman other than Michika.
“It’s my fault. That’s the reason I am looking for her. I will apologize to her once I find her. I want to start over.”
Rina was staring at me, looking heartbroken as I said that.
“What are you going to do if Michika doesn’t want to start over?”
Rina asked as she sipped her chuuhai¹. My heart skipped a beat at the question.
Even if I found Michika, the odds of her coming back to me after being abused were pretty high. She might have long forgotten about me and happy with someone else right now.
Trying not to think about that possibility, I decided to continue to look for Michika.
If she didn’t come back to me, then…
Dark thoughts swirled around in my mind as I imagined so.
“Still, I don’t want anyone unless it’s Michika.”
“You’re an idiot, Yukiya…”
Rina sighed and sipped her chuuhai again.
I wouldn’t make any more mistake, I would cherish her this time… that was what I think.
And yet, just imagining Michika spending time with someone else, induced dark feelings to overflow my heart.
* * *
We left the pub and I declined Rina’s invitation to go for a second round.
I was still staying in the apartment I used to live with Michika. Even now, I still had this fantasy that when I came home, Michika would greet me like she did back then. It was haunting me.
“I want to see you Michika…”
Alone on my way home, I slumped against a telephone pole, tears spilling from my eyes as I mumbled to myself.
The lovely Michika who had been with me since I was a child. My beloved wife, who was so important to me, but I hurt her.
I missed Michika, I wanted her to be next to me again, smiling.
“Michika.”
I closed my eyes and wiped my tears away. Then, the moment I slowly opened my eyes,
I was in an unfamiliar place.
A/N
The appearance of ex-husband _(:3」∠)_
T/N
¹ Shochuu Highball. Just a highball made with japanese alcohol instead of vodka. Pretty low in alcohol content and it’s one of my favorites in japanese bars tbh ^^
Chapter 36 - Transmigrator Michika and the Days Spent with Her Son (Cedric)
Michika was gone.
Returning home after completing the quest, I saw no sign of anyone in the mansion. As this was always the case, I didn’t think too much and went to the living room. Then, I found an envelope on the coffee table with the words ‘To Cedric’ written on the front.
I had a bad feeling about this, so I opened the envelope and took out the letter inside. I ran my eyes over the text and desperately held on to keep myself from collapsing on the spot.
“Mi…chika…”
My fingertips quickly turned cold and my head felt dizzy. My tears welled up, flowing down my cheeks immediately.
When I read Michika’s story that was written in the second half of the letter, I regretted telling her how I felt.
I knew from how Michika acted that she felt appalled by men. I also knew from the scars on her body that she was most likely had been abused by her ex-husband.
I knew this already. I should have approached her more carefully.
And yet I was stupid enough to get carried away with the idea that we had feelings for each other, pushed my feelings on her, and made love with her.
I didn’t even notice the doubts and trauma that slowly ate her.
And then she was gone.
“No, no, no! Michika, please don’t leave me…”
I had to find Michika. I was in a half-deranged state, feeling as if I had been splashed with cold water.
But how?
Wouldn’t Michika get hurt if I forced my feelings on her again…?
It was probably best not to look for Michika at this point. That was the best way to avoid hurting her.
However, the night when I lost my parents came haunting me. Was I going to lose my loved one again…?
“Please don’t leave me… I don’t want to be alone…”
I shouldn’t have told her how I felt. That way, we would have stayed as mother and son. If I only had done that, I wouldn’t have to hurt her.
“Michika…”
I missed Michika.
I missed the warmth of Michika’s body that I just felt this morning. I had always believed I could always feel it again.
I know it would hurt her, but I wanted look for her.
If only I were gone, she would be at peace. But this stupid and greedy me couldn’t seem to do that.
“I’m sorry that I always do nothing but hurt you…”
I wept like a child as I held on to Michika’s letter.
* * *
(Michika)
Two months had passed since I left the mansion where I used to live with Cedric.
The day I left the mansion, I went to the city, told my clients that I was closing my business here, and took a carriage to another city.
On the way, the carriage was attacked by bandits. But thanks to ‘Complete Protection’, neither I nor the carriage was hurt. The owner of the carriage offered me a free ride to a distant town as gratitude when I told him I had warded it with wind magic.
I arrived in a new city and rented a small house. Using it as my base, my days were the same as before. No matter where I was, what I did for a living was the same.
All I had to do was to go out to a plain, gather medicinal herbs, and sell them to the chemists.
The only thing that had changed was the absence of Cedric, who had always been with me for the past four years.
I woke up on my bed, which was firmer than the one that I had back in the mansion, and let out a small yawn. I got up from the bed and had breakfast alone, checking the time and getting ready for the day.
Cedric wasn’t here anymore to hug me when I woke up in the morning. He wasn’t here anymore, to hit me with his tail when we slept together, waking me up and made me grumble about it. He wasn’t here to laugh with me while eating dinner together. Cedric wasn’t here… he, who was always smiling gently and calling my name.
I missed him. I loved him too much it was unbearable.
Tears pooled up as I thought about Cedric.
Now that I was alone, I realized once again how much Cedric meant to me.
However… I was the one who ran away from him to protect my own feelings.
“I am merely getting back to the life I had before Cedric came along.”
I said to myself as I wiped away my tears. Then, I put on my leather gloves and backpack, going outside in my usual boyish attire.
The town’s chemist, who had doubted me at first, began to see the scarcity and the quality of the goods I brought and finally saw me as a good business partner. If I continued to increase the number of customers I dealt with, I would be able to live my life at the same level as before.
“Good luck, me…”
I mumbled and stepped out into the bustling of the city.
I was planning to take a horse-drawn carriage to a mountain about an hour away to collect medicinal herbs. Considering that I would have to return to the city on foot, I had to allow plenty of time for my work.
“Miss, are you going to Mount Canal by yourself? That place is an A-level difficulty, and even mid-level adventurers have to form a party to go there. Will you be okay, miss?”
A lady in her fifties who was riding with me in the carriage said with a worried look on her face when she heard where I was going. She said that she was going to a village at the end of Mount Canal to see her son.
The word ‘son’ reminded me of Cedric, and my heart ached.
“I’m fine. I’ve been an adventurer for a long time.”
“I see. I heard that an adventurer has recently appeared in the town’s guild, and he can handle A-level quests by himself. I wonder if he is as splendid as you are.”
“Is that so?”
I was surprised to hear the lady’s words. Leaving aside the fact that I had ‘Complete Protection’, adventurers with such abilities were rare.
I didn’t know what level of difficulty that person was working with, but Cedric was also a solo adventurer. But no way, it couldn’t be him right…?
“He seems to be quite a handsome man. I heard he is looking for someone, so he’s been going around to different cities.”
The word ‘looking for someone’ gave me a fright, but after confirming the adventurer was a human with black hair and black eyes, it didn’t seem like he was Cedric. I quickly shook my head, feeling relieved and slightly disappointed at the same time, despite me being the one who told him not to look for me.
I continued to have conversations with the lady until I reached my destination. It felt heartwarming to have a casual conversation with someone. It was even more so since I hadn’t had many conversations with other people since I left Cedric.
I said goodbye to the lady as I arrived at my destination. And somehow, a tinge of sadness passed through my heart.
Chapter 37 - Transmigrator Michika and Another Encounter.
“Well…”
I looked up at the mountain rising in front of me. It was a small, green, and steep mountain. The occasional sounds of magic beast added to the eerie atmosphere.
No matter where I was, what I did would be the same as always.
I would eliminate magic beasts with ‘Complete Protection’, and stripped them from any useful materials while continued to collect herbs. It was just a matter of time, doing it as quick as possible.
I tied my shoelaces tightly and stepped into the mountains.
Even with ‘Complete Protection’, my physical strength was only on par with a normal person. Calculating my pace, I proceeded with caution.
Magic beasts that came attacking were bounced off by the barrier as usual. Even though it was a familiar sight, it wasn’t a pleasant one to watch.
While collecting materials from the magic beasts, I headed for my destination, the mountainside. According to the map, there was a slightly open area where rare medicinal herbs were growing. They were naturally grown herbs, so there was no guarantee that they would be there. And even if they weren’t, it was nice to know that I wouldn’t end up empty-handed because of the materials from the magic beasts.
I walked further, looking at the map, and by the time two hours had passed, I finally reached my destination.
In a slightly open area, herbs were growing on the ground, along with blueberry-like fruits growing in clusters.
“It's… Ced’s favorite fruits.”
I plucked the fruit and put it in my mouth. The sweet and sour taste spread inside of my mouth, bringing back memories that were now distant.
“Michika. I like this.”
Ced used to happily stuffed his cheeks with these fruits. When I remembered how adorable he looked, I felt almost like crying. The happy days of being loved by Cedric would never leave my heart, no matter how long it took.
“I miss him…”
The murmur that came out of my mouth made me gasp.
I wiped my tears away and then slapped both my cheeks. The small hard sound echoed through the mountain, leaving a tingling sensation on my cheeks.
I was the one to let go, didn’t I? I had to let it be a memory.
I sighed, and right at that moment,
‘Complete Protection’ reacted violently. The thickest barrier I had ever seen unfolded around me, covering me on all sides like a transparent birdcage.
“Huh?!”
I couldn’t help but raised my voice, thinking if there was a magic beast on this mountain that could make my complete protection reacted so strongly. I was hoping that it was an opponent that I could at least stall……
When the birdcage was complete and a few seconds had passed, the bushes nearby made a rustling sound, revealing a man.
The moment I saw him, I opened my eyes wide.
This must be my imagination. This couldn’t be happening.
“Michika. I’ve been looking for you for a very long time.”
He said, putting on an ecstatic smile on his handsome face.
He looked older than he used to be, but he was still unmistakably Yuki-kun.
Since I was able to come to this world, there was a possibility that Yuki-kun could also come here. I was upset with myself for not thinking about it at all and spending my time carefreely.
Yuki-kun was dressed like an adventurer of this world. Sturdy leather boots that covered his knees, and navy blue pants that were stained with mud. He was wearing a leather breastplate over his shirt and carrying a sword in a well-worn sheath on his waist.
“H-how…”
“I don’t know how, but… I came to this world a few years ago. Maybe I was called to this world by Michika’s presence.”
He had the same gentle expression as before. But I knew that this person could hurt me with that same expression. My body couldn’t stop shaking. I tried to say something, but my lips turned numb, couldn’t move properly.
“For years, I’ve been going around to different cities looking for you, Michika. Today I heard that a woman with a similar build was heading for this mountain, so I ran over here. Finally, I can meet you.”
The lady in the carriage did talk about an adventurer who was looking for someone. It was… about Yuki-kun.
The lady also said that the adventurer was skilled enough to handle A-level quests. Maybe Yuki-kun possessed a certain ‘magic’ like me.
“Michika, I won’t hurt you anymore. Do you want to start over with me?”
Yuki-kun then held out his hand to me.
That was a lie. That was absolutely a lie.
I desperately told Yuki-kun to ‘stop’ for so many times. But he still didn’t stop his violent behavior. I knew firsthand that once a man was out of control, he would never be the same.
“You’re lying. Yuki-kun, you will hurt me again.”
Hearing my words, Yuki-kun’s big eyes narrowed. It was a gesture he always made when he was displeased. I had always been frightened by it. And now, I was still frightened.
“I will… never do that.”
Yuki-kun drew the sword that he rested on his waist. The horror of the blade glinting in the sunlight sent chills down my spine, making me tremble even more. Seeing me shaken, Yuki-kun smiled.
“I won’t hurt you with this sword, Michika. I’m just going to break that strange wall that’s in the way.”
He swung his sword, clashing it with the wall of the ‘Complete Protection’, causing sparks to fly. However, the blade broke and fell down…
“Yuki-kun, this barrier is unbreakable. Just give up.”
I wrung out my voice and gazed at Yuki-kun, still trembling. Yuki-kun stared at me with a surprised look. A tense silence ensued, and it was Yuki-kun’s face that got relaxed first.
“I see, how interesting.”
The moment Yuki-kun held up his hand, countless white shimmering lights appeared on the sky. They poured down like a rain at the same time he waved his hand down.
“Kyaaa!”
I let out an involuntary scream. Those blades collided with the barrier, shattering and disappearing with a distinct sound.
This must be Yuki-kun’s magic.
He unleashed more of those blades, not intending to let me go. That magic seemed to symbolize his aggressiveness. Yuki-kun rained down the blades on me over and over again.
As he repeated that, I saw a slight scratch on the barrier.
That thin crack brought deep despair to my heart.
The barrier was going to break down.
“Come on, Michika, get out of there. I’ll be gentle to you for the rest of my life and will never hurt you again. Let’s live happily ever after together, shall we?”
Yuki-kun said with a gentle smile on his face.
His smile, which I used to love so much. And now it gave me nothing but fear.
How could he didn’t see his own contradiction? He contradicted himself by pointing his blades against me, all the while claiming not to hurt me. His very existence was a contradiction that hurting me right now.
I was scared. I didn’t want this. I didn’t want to go back to that life again.
My body was shaking, and my teeth were clattering. Tears welled up in my eyes and I couldn’t see anything ahead.
I wanted to get out of here. If I took a risky path to escape with my complete protection on, I might be able to reach the city. However, since Yuki-kun already recognized my existence, he would surely come after me again.
And one day, I would get caught.
Chapter 38 - Transmigrator Michika’s Reunion With Her Loved One
I wondered how many hours had passed. A hint of red emerged in the sky as darkness came along.
However, Yuki-kun kept raining down the blades towards me with a composed face.
I put up a few more barriers inside the first one, which was about to break down, and watched Yuki-kun’s movements in wariness.
“Can you please just come out? I’ll be fine since I’m here well prepared. If it turns into an endurance battle, I’m afraid you won’t hold out, Michika"
Yuki-kun was right, I only brought very little food and water with me. Yuki-kun, on the other hand, was carrying a large sack on his back which probably filled with preserved food and water.
We might be able to keep the stalemate for today, or even until tomorrow. But beyond that?
Complete protection could be maintained without my consciousness. However, it was impossible to create new barriers while being unconscious. In other words, after I ran out of energy and lost consciousness, there was nothing I could do if the wall got breached.
Perhaps I just had to shake off this storm of blades and ran away.
“I wouldn’t recommend running away from me. There is a difference in strength between men and women, plus I’ve been an adventurer for a few years and have gotten pretty strong. You’ll just end up in the same situation somewhere down the road.”
I was prepared to move my legs when Yuki-kun gently reminded me. Hearing those words, I bit my lip.
“Michika, I’m sorry for what I did. I don’t know why I didn’t take a better care of you.”
“Then retract these swords and walk away. You care for me, don’t you?”
Yuki-kun shook his head when I said that.
“I want to be with you, Michika. I love you… I won’t hurt you anymore. I want you to stay with me.”
Yuki-kun’s words made me want to laugh.
He really thought that words like ‘I love you’ and ‘I won’t hurt you’ would make me fall in love with him again and be able to be by his side, smiling.
Maybe he never thought about how much I suffered because of the trauma he caused me. That was why he could say things like ‘I love you’ so easily.
“Yuki-kun, do you remember this burn?”
I rolled up my shirt to reveal my burn mark from boiling water that Yuki-kun splashed on me. Yuki-kun looked at the burn with an uncomfortable look.
“You seem to remember it. I also still have the scar from glass window when Yuki-kun pushed me to the bathroom door.”
It was a faded, 20-centimeter long scar that remained on my right arm. There were other scars on my body as well.
When Cedric held me in his arms, he looked so sad as if he was the one hurting, and even tried to tend to my old scars. I couldn’t help but let out a smile as I suddenly remembered that.
Cedric reminded me of how happy it was to be loved.
“Every time I see my scars, I remember what you did to me. I still have nightmares about it sometimes.”
“Michika, I won’t make that mistake again.”
“You are so stupid, Yuki-kun. You really think you can pretend that it never happened? And you said you won’t make any mistakes in the future?”
“I loved you, Yuki-kun. I thought you were my prince. But… that Michika, who used to love you, is already gone, killed by you. I don’t love you anymore. Even for a bit.”
Hearing my words, Yuki-kun’s eyes opened wide. His eyes had a slight brownish tinge, beautiful eyes that I used to love so much. Whenever he looked at me with those eyes and said he loved me in the past, I used to feel like I was going to melt from the happiness.
But now when I saw them, I didn’t think anything of it.
The only thing that occupied my mind was Cedric.
Even at a time like this, I was certain of my feelings, and it encouraged me.
“Michika, just why? Why can’t you understand my feelings?!”
The sky glowed as bright as midday. Looking up, I saw a silvery-white swords shining all over the sky. There were a thousand or perhaps even ten thousand of them. I gritted my teeth as I created several more barriers in preparation for the impact.
I shouldn’t lose. I shouldn’t let this man beat me.
I wasn’t going to let him trample all over my life again.
“You see, Yuki-kun? All you can do is to bring a woman to her knees with violence!”
“Michikaaaa!”
Yuki-kun shouted as I provoked him. Swords rained down from the sky like meteors.
I should show him that I could endure it.
The swords clashed to the barriers at a furious pace, smashing them like glass. I kept it off with several more layers of barriers.
Slashing sounds similar to a sword fight resounded throughout the mountain. The surroundings were so bright as they were illuminated by pure white light. I continued to put up barriers and endured the clashes.
I missed Ced. I knew I pushed him away for my own convenience.
I wanted to see him. Then I wanted to say that I loved him and I was sorry.
I bit my lip and put up more barriers. But it was a moment too late,
A sword flew at me as I weaved through the gap.
“Ah!!!”
I gulped and prepared myself for what would come next.
But it never came, no matter how long I waited.
“Michika!”
Instead, the voice of someone that I loved reached my ears.
Beautiful crimson eyes. Hair as white as snow. I could see Cedric’s features right in front of me.
Along with a surge of red blood.
The sword that was about to pierce me slashed through Cedric’s shoulder instead. He stood in front of me, trying to protect me. The sword turned into a sparkling light and disappeared.
I was concerned about Cedric, but I could only set up the next barrier in a hurry. The attack hadn’t stopped yet.
“Ced, are you okay?!”
“Are you alright yourself, Michika?”
Despite the loud noises around us, Cedric’s beautiful voice reached my ears well.
“I’m fine, but you, Ced….”
“I am also fine.”
He smiled gently. But blood was still trickling down his shoulder.
What a fool, he pushed himself too hard. Cedric’s kindness almost made me cry.
Ced was kind. Not once did he ever hurt me.
And yet, why couldn’t I trust him?
“Michika! Who is that man?!”
Stopping the swords from falling, Yuki-kun shouted.
In the meantime, I put up a new barrier as Cedric hid me behind his back.
I gently pulled on Cedric’s clothes. He then turned around slightly and smiled at me reassuringly.
“He’s the person I love the most in the world.”
Yuki-kun raised his perfect eyebrows as I said that, while Cedric widened his beautiful eyes.
Chapter 39 - Transmigrator Michika Learned His True Identity
“Michika!”
A shaky voice came out from Cedric’s beautiful lips as he grasped me with a speed of lightning. He held me close, and my chest tightened up from his cold body temperature that I hadn’t felt in a long time.
How did he find me here? Why did he come to me after what I did?
I had so many questions to ask, however…
Ced was here. I couldn’t hide that I felt very happy right now.
Cedric shook his lizard tail from side to side. It was his habit when he was happy. Whenever I teased him about him resembling a dog, he always sulked.
“I’m glad that you love me, Michika. Even if it’s only as a son. I love you too!”
He said, kissing my cheeks and forehead.
I loved him, but not as my son. My departure must have gotten Ced to think that way. But I should talk about it later, as Yuki-kun was staring at me furiously.
“Ced, Ced. This is not the time for this, okay?
"Alright.”
Muttered softly, Cedric pulled himself away from me. He then turned to face Yuki-kun.
“So you are the one who’s been abusing Michika?”
Hearing Cedric’s words, Yuki-kun’s face twisted into contempt.
“So… you are getting close with this young looking man while I was frantically searching for you, Michika?”
“It’s my choice who I get along with. I’m not yours, Yuki-kun.”
Yuki-kun glared at me fiercely as I peeked from Cedric’s back. My body trembled involuntarily, but I wasn’t alone now. Cedric was right here.
Although, that didn’t mean that the situation had been resolved.
Yuki-kun’s swords magic was honestly a nuisance. It carried a ridiculous offensive power that could break down my complete protection, which had never been broken by any human or magic beast before.
Should I get Cedric to carry me and escape while I took care of the defense? Physical capabilities of beastkin were far greater than humans, so I was pretty sure we could escape with that plan. Although, I was concerned with Cedric’s injury…
“Michika, can you stay away for a while?”
Saying that, Cedric took a step forward. And I, who was about to tell him to escape, promptly grabbed his clothes tight. Cedric smiled a little and kissed my forehead.
“It’s okay. I’m just going to give that man a good beating.”
“It is dangerous, Ced! Just escape please? You saw his magic right?”
Cedric was also an adventurer and a strong beastman. But Yuki-kun’s power, like mine, was out of common sense of this world. It was best to run away from this place.
“He will chase us even when we run.”
I knew that, too. But if we ran away to a faraway country, we might be able to hide from him for a few years, or maybe even for the rest of our lives.
“I don’t want to see Michika running away forever. Running, hiding, and spending your time being frightened. It’s hurting me to see that…”
Cedric seemed to be talking based on his memories. I tilted my head at him.
“What that man needs is an overwhelming defeat. We need to give him a beating enough that he will never mess with you again, Michika.”
Cedric said as he glared at Yuki-kun. Receiving that glare, Yuki-kun sneered as if it was funny.
“You say that now, beastman. I wonder if Michika will come back to me when she sees your corpse being torn to shreds…”
“Yuki-kun!”
I yelped at Yuki-kun’s condescending words. However, Cedric showed no sign of being upset by his words.
“Michika, please don’t even think about protecting me with that barrier. You might get injured trying to focus your attention on me, and…”
Cedric turned to face me and smiled, looking a little sad.
“Please don’t hate me when you learn who I really am.”
“What… do you mean, Ced?“
Not answering my question, Cedric turned his back on me and walked towards Yuki-kun. Yuki-kun once again floated thousands of swords into the sky with a thin smile on his face.
"I’ll have Michika back, you beast!”
Yuki-kun cried out while raining down the swords at Cedric. At that moment, Cedric’s body dazzlingly glowed.
“Ced!!!”
Not knowing what happened, I could only call out his name.
The white glow surrounding Cedric’s body changed its shape as it grew brighter.
And then, a dragon with sparkling white scales appeared from where Cedric had been, looking brave and beautiful.
Its body was about ten meters tall. Its wings, connected by a thick membrane, were spread wide, making it look even larger.
The dragon’s white scales deflected thousands of swords that rained down. I watched in amazement as swords kept on being averted against those scales, while using barriers to fend off some swords that were flying towards me.
“Ced…?”
“Grrr.”
The dragon let out a small roar as if to reply to my mumbles.
“You are… not a lizard…”
Chapter 40 - Transmigrator Michika Said Her Goodbye
“Just what the hell are you?!”
Yuki-kun shouted. His eyes widened in astonishment as he saw Cedric turned into a dragon.
Obviously, I was surprised too. I had never heard of a race of who could turn into dragons. But the very truth was right in front of my eyes…
Was this the reason why the witch wanted Cedric’s scales? I couldn’t help but think of that trivial matter.
“Damn…”
Swearing, Yuki-kun rained his swords down on the dragon without fear.
However, those countless swords were deflected by Cedric’s scales, scattered around with a distinct sound, and vanished. The moment Yuki-kun noticed that there wasn’t a single scratch on those beautiful pearl-colored scales, his face quickly turned to the look of horror.
I hadn’t used Complete Protection for so long in a row, that I didn’t know about it until today. When I used my ability continuously, the effect would weaken due to fatigue. In fact, the strength of the barrier I made was slowly diminishing.
So naturally, Yuki-kun’s magic must be less powerful now.
Cedric’s scales were too formidable, and Yuki-kun’s magic had been weakened. Those two factors must be the reason for the current situation.
Although, Yuki-kun didn’t seem to notice it.
“You monster!”
Yuki-kun shouted and released another batch of swords, raining it down on Cedric. But no matter how many times he tried, the result was the same.
“You monster, monster, monsterrr!”
He was getting frantic, his body was shaking, and his eyes were wet with tears. Yuki-kun shouted with a look of fear and despair.
This was the first time after knowing him for so long that I saw Yuki-kun in such a trepidation.
Even though I suffered because of him, I couldn’t help but feel sorry for him who was in fear. I couldn’t feel that it served him right.
I wondered if it was because he was someone I loved since I was a child and had once vowed to be with for the rest of my life.
Yuki-kun turned his gaze to me, as if seeking for help. The moment I quietly shook my head, his face twisted in despair, just like the look I used to give Yuki-kun when he was abusing me.
Yuki-kun, who had just grown up to be an adult at that time, might had been shouldering a lot of burdens for my sake and broke down little by little. My heart hurt a little when I thought about it.
I loved him. I really used to love him. Until he started to change.
From the time I could remember the world, until the end of my teenage years, all my love and affection had been for Yuki-kun. That was a fact.
“Help me, Michika.”
Yuki-kun pleaded in a weak voice. I shook my head again and again without wiping away the tears that had somehow overflowed.
Cedric took one look at the terrified Yuki-kun with his huge crimson eyes. He opened his mouth wide, showing his fangs which were as thick as icicles. A reddish light came from Cedric’s throat. And from that mouth came a blast of a raging fire.
“Aaaahhhgg”
Yuki-kun screamed, barely avoided the flames. However, it still burned the vegetation around him. The fire spread quickly and surrounded Yuki-kun. He was just staring at me with despair on his face.
The white dragon turned to face me. his large face came approaching before he opened his mouth wide and gently held me in his mouth, being careful not to hurt me with his vicious fangs.
He spread his large wings, flying to the sky with his huge body. Yuki-kun’s figure, swallowed down in the flames, was getting smaller and smaller.
“Goodbye, Yuki-kun….”
Cedric gave me a soft grunt as I mumbled a goodbye.
* * *
After we flew in the air for a while,
He flew down to the mansion where we used to live and returned to his human form.
His clothing was torn off when he transformed to a dragon, thus Cedric, who had reverted to his human form, was stark naked. With a slightly embarrassed look on his face, he went upstairs to his room to get some clothes.
Nothing had changed in the house after I left. When I peeked into the kitchen, I saw that there was a meal prepared for the two of us. It broke my heart to think that Cedric had been waiting for my return every night.
I was sitting idly on the couch in the living room when Cedric came back in. He sat down next to me.
“Michika. Why did you put up a barrier around that man?”
Cedric’s word startled me. Yes, I did indeed put up a barrier for Yuki-kun, who was surrounded by flames. I thought I had done it discreetly, but Cedric seemed to know.
“I don’t know if the barrier will hold until he comes down the mountain. I used it so many times today that its strength have weakened.”
I said as if to excuse myself.
With Yuki-kun being frantic, it was doubtful that he had even noticed that I put up a barrier for him. He would only realize until he descended the mountain. But to be honest, I wasn’t even sure if the barrier would hold until then…
“And I don’t think Yuki-kun will come after me anymore. So it should be okay.”
Yuki-kun was like an older brother to me, the one who protected me, the one who sheltered me, the one who was in charge of me. All these times, he was ‘above’ me.
But tonight, Yuki-kun had defeated by Cedric and showed his ‘weak’ side to me.
“He ended up showing his weak self. Even if Yuki-kun is still alive, he won’t come for me anymore.”
Cedric nodded his head as I asserted.
The dominant Yuki-kun and the frail Michika. That was always what Yuki-kun seek for, both when he was still kind and even after he went mad.
Now that it had fallen apart, I was no longer the ‘Michika’ that Yuki-kun wanted me to be.
For that reason, he wouldn’t show himself in front of me anymore.
“I wish that man would die getting swallowed by the flame. I just want the one who caused Michika’s suffering to disappear.”
Cedric said, lowering his eyebrows. I smiled and stroked his cheeks gently.
“You say that, but you missed the flame on purpose, didn’t you, Ced?”
He looked away awkwardly when I mentioned it.
If Cedric had wanted to, he could have burned Yuki-kun to death with those flames. But he didn’t do it.
He was a kind person who was too hesitant to hurt others, no matter how much he had been hurt in his life.
I was in love with that Ced.
“ There are many questions I want to ask you. Why did you come for me? How can you transform to a dragon? But first, let me tell you something.”
I stared into Cedric’s crimson eyes, while he looked back at me with wonder.
“I’m sorry I ran away. I’m sorry I hurt you. I won’t leave you anymore. Ced, If you can still bear with me, can I be by your side again…?”
Before I could hear his answer, he hugged me tightly. Then, I gently circled my arms around his fairly slender back.
A/N
With this, everything that has something to do with Yuki-kun is done ヽ(=´▽`=)ノ
Chapter 41 - Transmigrator Michika and Reciprocated Love [1/3]
“Are you hurt by my presence, Michika?”
Cedric asked, clinging onto me while strengthening his embrace.
“I’m such a selfish man. I went to find you, not thinking about your feelings at all. Are you still going to let me stay by your side despite that?”
I felt all sorts of emotions upon hearing that. It was me who had been selfish, leaving Cedric because I didn’t trust him. And I hurt him, a lot.
There was no way that Cedric, who was so kind and gentle, would change to be like Yuki-kun. Why couldn’t I believe him?
“Stay with me, Ced. I won’t be hurt anymore, and neither you are.”
I whispered, gently cupping Cedric’s cheeks in my hands. Then, as gently as possible, I pressed our lips together.
Cedric widened his eyes, his fair cheeks turned bright red. He looked like he was about to cry as he shook his head to me.
“Michika… no. I won’t be able to give up on you if you do that. I told you I want to be by your side, even if it’s as a mother and son. You’re making me want you as a woman, Michika”
Cedric said, tears welling up on the corners of his eyes. I wiped his tears away with my fingers.
“I love you as a man, Ced. I want to be with you, as your partner. Although, it might be too late since I keep on hurting… hmmph!”
He roughly sealed my lips with his, before I could even finish my words. He dropped a few light kisses after that.
Then, he started to kiss me more passionately. I entwined my tongue with his the moment Cedric invaded my mouth, swirling them together. His large hands gently brushed my hips as he teased the inside of my mouth. A faint heat welled up inside me, making me shiver a bit. Cedric kept on sucking my tongue. His kisses felt polished and pleasing even though he was being rough like he was preying on me.
By the time the kiss was over and my already numb lips parted from his, all my senses felt like they had melted away. All I could do was lean against Cedric’s chest, panting hard as my body felt feverish, struggling to hold itself together.
“Michika, I can be by your side as a man? My existence won’t hurt you?”
Cedric seemed very happy about that, but I preferred to hear it before the kiss. Still out of breath, I nodded my head. I rested my fingers on his jaw and turned him to face me. Cedric showed me his gorgeous smile, on top of his immensely beautiful face.
“How beautiful. Your sensual face is so beautiful, Michika. I want to make love to you on the bed right now…”
“Ced, um… How about your shoulder?”
“You know how quickly my injuries heal, don’t you?”
“But, we still need to treat it first…”
“I don’t care about that. I want to have you, Michika.”
My lips were once again covered before I could finish my words. My head was still muddled as I thought about what I should do, but the moment I saw Cedric’s tail wagging happily in the corner of my eyes, I felt that maybe it was fine. I started to relax in his arms.
I’d check his wounds properly later.
Cedric placed his hands on my breasts and squeezed them gently. I let out a small gasp, shuddering from his gentle teasing.
“The couch is too cramped. Let’s go to the bed.”
Cedric picked me up and kissed me as we headed upstairs. When I chuckled at the sense of déjà vu, he tilted his head in confusion.
“You took me upstairs like this the first time we did it.”
“Ah, right. I am sorry for being hasty that time.”
Cedric said, lowering his eyebrows. Even now, I felt that things were very fast-paced. Although, I didn’t mind since I also wanted it. He kissed me more as he carried me to the bedroom. Just when I was about to tell him that we would never get there at this rate, we finally made it to the bedroom.
He gently lowered me to the bed and looked at me lovingly with his crimson eyes, before softly placed his lips on mine again.
“Michika.”
Nuzzled our foreheads together, my heart felt tingly as he called my name with his sweet voice.
“I love you, Michka. I’ll never let you go ever again.”
“I love you too. I’m sorry I left you. I hurt you so much, it must have been rough for you.”
Cedric shook his head at my apology.
“It’s okay. I am really happy right now.”
Cedric smiled with his flushed cheeks, looking happy. Just looking at that smile was enough to fill my heart with happiness.
T/N
Only 3 more chapters and we need to say goodbye to our dragon boy T^T
I can’t believe it’s almost ended. Thank you so much for supporting my translation until this point ^^ I really am grateful.
Chapter 42 - Transmigrator Michika and Reciprocated Love [2/3]
He started to undress me as we kissed. I swallowed down my saliva that was accumulating from my nervousness as I was looking at the sight of my own skin, which was slowly being revealed.
“Are you scared?”
Cedric was very susceptible to my feelings. I loved how he gently caressed my cheeks with his beautiful hands and looked at me with his crimson eyes, showing that he cared.
“I’m not scared, just a little nervous. Maybe because it’s been so long.”
Yeah, I wasn’t afraid. Because it was Ced.
Cedric hugged me gently, being careful not to put any weight on me. He turned me on my side, stroking my back to dissipate the tension in me.
“I won’t hurt you, Michika.”
“Hm.”
“I will cherish you forever.”
“Hm.”
“Please marry me, Michika.”
“That's… not possible for now.”
When I refused his proposal, which he just whispered to me so sweetly, Cedric was looking at me with his lowered brows. Seeing his crimson eyes moisten, I kissed his cheek in an attempt to reassure him.
“I just still can’t see marriage in a good light. I will someday, when I’m read-”
“I’ll wait for you no matter how long. I’ll wait until you want to marry me, Michika.”
I couldn’t help but chuckle at how desperate he sounded. Cedric wrinkled his brow, sulking as he saw me chuckling. When I gently reached out and soften the wrinkles with my fingertips, Cedric gave me a tantalizing smile this time.
“I love you. I’ll cherish you forever, Ced.”
Hearing my words, Ced looked like he was in tears yet also smiling. I buried my face in his chest, which had grown stronger without any trace of what he was when we just met. He held me so tight that it was a little bit painful.
“Michika, I’m asking you. Please don’t leave me ever again.”
My heart stung like it was being prickled as Cedric said that in a stifle.
It had been two months since I had been gone. He suffered got hurt a lot. I left him in order to protect my own feelings. It was my fault.
He was so kind, trying to forgive me. But the depth of his wound was immeasurable.
“I am sorry, Ced. I won’t leave you anymore.”
When I kissed him and brushed my tongue over his cherry lips, he entwined it with his cold tongue. It was as if he was trying to make up for the gap of the past two months. With that, Cedric and I desperately devoured each other’s lips.
“I love you, Michika.”
He said in between our intense kiss, which slowly heated up my mind and body. Before I knew it, my remaining clothes and underwear had been removed and scattered under the bunk. I turned to Cedric, who was now removing his own clothes.
His fair naked body was illuminated by the moonlight. His pure white scales glistened faintly. He was so beautiful that I was captivated by him. His immensely beautiful face came approaching me before engulfing my lips like he was devouring me
My lips were going to be so swollen after this.
I thought in my muddled mind, as I struggled to respond to Cedric’s kisses. He sucked my tongue and occasionally bit me gently with his fangs. Slightly shuddering from how it felt, he gently stroked my head to soothe me.
“I, love you, too…”
I whispered to Cedric, gasping as he finally parted his lips from mine. He squinted his crimson eyes in glee, before playing with my lips using his fingertips, which were soaked wet with saliva. His fingers slowly glided down to my neck and fell to my chest.
“Ah…”
His large hands covered my decently sized breasts. Cedric used his palm to gently fondle them.
“C-Ced…”
I called out to him in a soft voice, somewhat embarrassed to be touched so dearly.
“You are also cute being embarrassed like this, Michika.”
His beautiful lips that spun the sweet words gently approached my chest before gently sucking on my nipples.
“Uh, aahh!”
A wave of pleasure slowly began to flow through me. When I realized that it was none other than my beloved Cedric, I was trembling in more pleasure. I cradled Cedric’s head, tangled the bedsheet with my toes, and ruffling his snow-white hair. Occasionally sucking on my nipples, the tip of his tongue brushed carefully over my nipples.
“Ced… Ced. It feels good.”
Cedric looked up at me as I moaned with my ragged breath. My heart tightened, I was about to burst into tears the moment I saw him giving me a loving smile.
He touched my slit as he went on to fondle my breasts. His finger stroked my petals a few times, creating a wet obscene sound before invading my inside.
“I’ll be gentle. You can rest easy.”
Removing his lips from my nipple, Cedric kissed the burn mark on my stomach, whispering softly.
No matter how many times we made love, he was still as gentle as he would be as the first time. It made me so happy that tears welled up in my eyes. It was a miracle to me, to be cherished as a matter of course by someone you loved. I
“Does it hurt, Michika?”
Cedric looked at me as I began to cry, his voice was filled with agitation.
“N-no. Ced is so kind. That makes me so happy. You are like… a miracle to me, Ced.”
I reached out and gently intertwine our fingers.
I loved him. I would never let go of this hand anymore.
“You are also a miracle to me, Michika. You saved me from that hell. You overcame your painful past and properly responded to my feelings. Isn’t that so amazing?”
Saying that, Cedric smiled like blooming flower.
He started to undress me as we kissed. I swallowed down my saliva that was accumulating from my nervousness as I was looking at the sight of my own skin, which was slowly being revealed.
“Are you scared?”
Cedric was very susceptible to my feelings. I loved how he gently caressed my cheeks with his beautiful hands and looked at me with his crimson eyes, showing that he cared.
“I’m not scared, just a little nervous. Maybe because it’s been so long.”
Yeah, I wasn’t afraid. Because it was Ced.
Cedric hugged me gently, being careful not to put any weight on me. He turned me on my side, stroking my back to dissipate the tension in me.
“I won’t hurt you, Michika.”
“Hm.”
“I will cherish you forever.”
“Hm.”
“Please marry me, Michika.”
“That's… not possible for now.”
When I refused his proposal, which he just whispered to me so sweetly, Cedric was looking at me with his lowered brows. Seeing his crimson eyes moisten, I kissed his cheek in an attempt to reassure him.
“I just still can’t see marriage in a good light. I will someday, when I’m read-”
“I’ll wait for you no matter how long. I’ll wait until you want to marry me, Michika.”
I couldn’t help but chuckle at how desperate he sounded. Cedric wrinkled his brow, sulking as he saw me chuckling. When I gently reached out and soften the wrinkles with my fingertips, Cedric gave me a tantalizing smile this time.
“I love you. I’ll cherish you forever, Ced.”
Hearing my words, Ced looked like he was in tears yet also smiling. I buried my face in his chest, which had grown stronger without any trace of what he was when we just met. He held me so tight that it was a little bit painful.
“Michika, I’m asking you. Please don’t leave me ever again.”
My heart stung like it was being prickled as Cedric said that in a stifle.
It had been two months since I had been gone. He suffered got hurt a lot. I left him in order to protect my own feelings. It was my fault.
He was so kind, trying to forgive me. But the depth of his wound was immeasurable.
“I am sorry, Ced. I won’t leave you anymore.”
When I kissed him and brushed my tongue over his cherry lips, he entwined it with his cold tongue. It was as if he was trying to make up for the gap of the past two months. With that, Cedric and I desperately devoured each other’s lips.
“I love you, Michika.”
He said in between our intense kiss, which slowly heated up my mind and body. Before I knew it, my remaining clothes and underwear had been removed and scattered under the bunk. I turned to Cedric, who was now removing his own clothes.
His fair naked body was illuminated by the moonlight. His pure white scales glistened faintly. He was so beautiful that I was captivated by him. His immensely beautiful face came approaching me before engulfing my lips like he was devouring me
My lips were going to be so swollen after this.
I thought in my muddled mind, as I struggled to respond to Cedric’s kisses. He sucked my tongue and occasionally bit me gently with his fangs. Slightly shuddering from how it felt, he gently stroked my head to soothe me.
“I, love you, too…”
I whispered to Cedric, gasping as he finally parted his lips from mine. He squinted his crimson eyes in glee, before playing with my lips using his fingertips, which were soaked wet with saliva. His fingers slowly glided down to my neck and fell to my chest.
“Ah…”
His large hands covered my decently sized breasts. Cedric used his palm to gently fondle them.
“C-Ced…”
I called out to him in a soft voice, somewhat embarrassed to be touched so dearly.
“You are also cute being embarrassed like this, Michika.”
His beautiful lips that spun the sweet words gently approached my chest before gently sucking on my nipples.
“Uh, aahh!”
A wave of pleasure slowly began to flow through me. When I realized that it was none other than my beloved Cedric, I was trembling in more pleasure. I cradled Cedric’s head, tangled the bedsheet with my toes, and ruffling his snow-white hair. Occasionally sucking on my nipples, the tip of his tongue brushed carefully over my nipples.
“Ced… Ced. It feels good.”
Cedric looked up at me as I moaned with my ragged breath. My heart tightened, I was about to burst into tears the moment I saw him giving me a loving smile.
He touched my slit as he went on to fondle my breasts. His finger stroked my petals a few times, creating a wet obscene sound before invading my inside.
“I’ll be gentle. You can rest easy.”
Removing his lips from my nipple, Cedric kissed the burn mark on my stomach, whispering softly.
No matter how many times we made love, he was still as gentle as he would be as the first time. It made me so happy that tears welled up in my eyes. It was a miracle to me, to be cherished as a matter of course by someone you loved. I
“Does it hurt, Michika?”
Cedric looked at me as I began to cry, his voice was filled with agitation.
“N-no. Ced is so kind. That makes me so happy. You are like… a miracle to me, Ced.”
I reached out and gently intertwine our fingers.
I loved him. I would never let go of this hand anymore.
“You are also a miracle to me, Michika. You saved me from that hell. You overcame your painful past and properly responded to my feelings. Isn’t that so amazing?”
Saying that, Cedric smiled like blooming flower.
Chapter 43 - Transmigrator Michika and Reciprocated Love (3/3)
[R18]
Cedric ran his tongue over the scars on my body as he carefully invaded my groin with his fingers. No matter how much he licked them, the scars would never disappear. And yet, Cedric always traced them so painstakingly.
As if he was desperate to heal my past wounds.
“Ced… hnngh.”
A sniffle escaped as he licked the scar on my wrist. That scar wasn’t caused by Yuki-kun, I inflicted that one myself. Life felt so hard at that time, that I wanted to escape. It was a scar that I got as I took the easiest way out. Although, I survived since he found me soon after. He threatened to cut the tendons in my hands and feet if I ever did anything like this again. I was so shaken up by that threat I could never bring myself to do it again.
I cursed myself for being too stupid to die. But now, I was truly glad that I didn’t die…
Because I got to meet Cedric.
“Ced, I want a hug.”
The moment I whispered and reached out to him, he immediately hugged me. His low body temperature was comforting. I felt his arms getting stronger around me as I snuggled up to him.
“Does it hurt…?”
I didn’t know if he was asking about his hold, or the physical and mental scars from my past. Perhaps it was both.
“Not at all. I am alright since Ced is here.”
“Michika.”
His arms squeezed me even tighter, that it hurt a little. Although, he was still gentle with me. At least my spine was not broken yet.
“I’m so glad you didn’t let that man take you away, Michika.”
“Yeah.”
“I won’t let you be hurt anymore.”
“Thank you, Ced.”
“I love you, Michika.”
“I love you too, Ced.”
Whispering and huddling each other, I felt Cedric’s warm bulge poking against my stomach. When I put my hand gently on it, Cedric’s shuddered.
“Uhm… I want you, Ced.”
I was getting embarrassed as I said something so indulgent, unworthy of my age. So, I rested my forehead against his chest. But there was no response from Cedric. Looking up at him, I saw him frozen, his face was red as his eyes getting teary.
“Ced?”
“That’s unfair. How can you say such an adorable thing?”
“Is it…?”
I whispered and touched Cedric’s manhood with my hand, stroking his shaft from underneath, tracing the shape. Brushing my fingers over the red, swollen top, my fingertips were getting wet and slick with his pre-cum.
I wrapped my hands around his hot stake and gently stroked it up and down. A small crease appeared between Cedric’s eyebrows as I did that. I was happy to hear a soft grunt coming from his beautiful lips in between his ragged breath. I raised myself up and brought my face close to his member and kissed the tip.
“I love you, Ced.”
I whispered, before taking his tip into my mouth and rolled my tongue around. Even though he was as beautiful as a fairy, the taste and smell down here was still that of a male. This size was too masculine for him. But it wasn’t unpleasant since it was Ced’s.
I probably couldn’t fit all of it in my mouth, but I could try to have half of it inside. When I opened my mouth wide, Cedric touched my cheek, stopping me.
“Don’t, Michika.”
“Why?”
“Because I don’t deserve it.”
Cedric had a sad look on his face. I widened my eyes when I heard him say that.
Him, too… It was no surprise, but the scars of his past were still fresh in his mind.
“How can my most precious Ced be worthless?”
“Mmmh! Michi… ka.”
“Ahhh, you are the most precious thing in the world. I love you. I love everything about Ced.”
I was probably more unskilled than some of the women Cedric had been with in the past. I carefully caressed his core, using my tongue to lick the root of his shaft, and then sucked on the tip while moving my head back and forth to stimulate it. I wanted to suck all of it, but it was too big to fit in my mouth. Thus, I stroke up the part that didn’t fit with my hand.
“Michika, Michika, you- can’t.”
“You don’t like it?”
“Not that. I feel guilty…”
Whenever I stimulate them with my tongue or hands, he would make a shy, cute voice. Looking at the beautiful young man with his innocence still intact made me feel somehow guilty.
He was so cute that I wanted to make him feel even better.
My feelings were mixed together, that of motherhood, love, and lust. It filled up my heart slowly.
Parting my lips from his shaft, it slipped out with a sloppy sound. I could see a luscious thread of pre-cum and saliva forming a cloudy white bridge between my lips and the shaft.
“Ced. I’ll lead today.”
I straddled against Cedric’s lap, supporting his manhood with my hands as I guided it to my slit. The moment my mound ate his shaft, I used my own weight to drive it deeper.
“Ahh.”
Cedric’s manhood slid up inside my soft flesh. The place where Ced had loosen earlier accepted his large member with little resistance. The stake buried itself deeper and deeper into me, before stopping so deep inside. It was a little painful, but it felt good. I was just so happy to become one with someone I loved. I leaned forward against Cedric’s shoulder, panting.
“Are you okay, Michika?”
“Ced.”
“What is it?”
“You are… so big. My stomach is full, it feels so good. Ahh!”
His core suddenly increased in size inside me. Gazing at Cedric with teary eyes, he gently kissed me.
“Why is it getting bigger..”
“Of course it’s because Michika is cute. I am getting excited.”
“Don’t make it any bigger. it feels too good, I can’t move.”
“Michika…”
Cedric let out a sigh and slowly pushed his hips up.
“I thought I’m the one going to move..?”
“I want to do it. Let me make you feel even better.”
“Oh, ahhh Ced.”
I wish I could do it for this sweet boy instead. But even when I thought so….
I couldn’t help but yelp as he found the spot and thrusted it there.
Ced was very strong. My body was easily moved up and down by him. He poked me from below, occasionally lifting me up and dropping me down.
“Ahhnnn. Ahh! Aaaah.”
“What a cute voice Michika. I wanna hear more.”
Watched Cedric swoon as he said that, my inside tightened. My juice was overflowing, getting stirred and turning cloudy.
Was it how it felt like to have sex when our feelings were connected with each other? I never felt anything like this.
“Ced, I love you. I love you.”
“I’m so happy Michika. I love you too.”
Cedric, who was only slightly out of breath, was happily observing my lasciviousness closely. I knew I was being observed, but it felt so good that I couldn’t stop moaning.
“How adorable… disheveled Michika telling me she loves me.”
“It’s not fair that you are being so calm like that…”
“No, I am not that calm either.“
He pushed me down softly on the bed. Linking our hands, he gazed at me with his crimson eyes. The flame of lust in his eyes was so hot that it almost melted me. My body trembled in anticipation when I saw it.
“Let me indulge in you, Michika.”
Cedric whispered softly as he moved his hips slow. He gave me a deep kiss as he went on.
“Ahhh, aahhn.”
Being filled with Cedric both above and below, I felt content.
My juice was overflowing without control as he rocked me, I was coming again and again. But there was no sign that Cedric almost reached it.
“Ced, I am almost… annhh.”
“Michika, me too, a little bit more.”
He slammed his hips against me, making a sloppy sound. I came again, twice, as his shaft pricked me on the right spot.
“Ced, I came so much, it’s tiring. Ahh, aahnn.”
I was panting like a dog, letting out coquettish sounds.
Cedric shook his hips more violently than ever. His white cheeks turned red, he was radiating a tremendous sex appeal.
“Michika.”
Cedric called out my name softly and pushed himself deeper inside before a large amount of semen, larger than those of humans was pouring out of him. Even the sensation of the liquid being expelled was enough to make me cum now. It was so much that my inside was filled to the brim. The cloudy white spills that couldn’t be contained overflowed, running down my inner thighs.
“Ced.”
“Are you alright, Michika?”
Cedric caressed my cheek lovingly. I smiled, happy to feel his gentle hand.
“It’s filling my insides. I’ll be so happy when we have a baby.”
“Ah!”
Why… was ‘Ced junior’ getting big again?
“It’s your fault Michika.”
“How?!”
Cedric looked away begrudgingly and pulled out his shaft, which was looking wetter than before and had regained its energy at an alarming rate.
“You’re pulling out?”
“You’re probably tired, so let’s get this over with. I’ll get the bath ready…“
His large hand stroked my head. I took his hand and stared at Cedric.
"It’s fine to do it again.”
“But, your body…”
“I want to do it. But we should stop if your injury starts to hurt.”
I wanted to give Ced a new family.
That’s what I genuinely thought. I wanted to do it again and again with Ced.
It was strange that I was reluctant to get married, but was okay with having children.
Perhaps there would come a day when I was finally okay to marry Cedric.
I wrapped my legs around Cedric’s waist, who had once again pushed his manhood against my slit. Then the gentle rhythm began again.
“Michika, it’s hard for dragonkin and humans to have children. If we’re going to have children, we’ll have to do it a lot.”
I… wasn’t sure if that ‘a lot’ was in the same standard as humans.
But even when I was worried about it, I assented without thinking.
Chapter 44 - Transmigrator Michika and Her Lover (Epilogue)
“I figured Michika would do the same business in another city, so I went around asking about a lone woman selling expensive herbs. I thought it was wrong to look for you. But I couldn’t stop myself…”
After we caught up to each other, making up for the time we had been apart, we were talking, lying on the bed. Cedric’s beautiful fingers was fiddling with my bangs. I still couldn’t get used to have such a beauty being so close to me, it was just too much for my heart.
“I’m sorry, Ced.”
“No, I mean… you’re not at fault. Don’t apologize, Michika.”
His lean arms embraced me. Our bare skin touched each other, transmitting our familiar body heat. Cedric rubbed his cheeks against mine, smiling gently.
When I reached out and stroked his cheeks, he squinted his vertical crimson eyes in comfort. Stroking his smooth scales with my fingertips, I suddenly felt his lips as he gently bit me with his white teeth.
“Hehe, that tickles.”
“You’re so sweet…”
“How can I be sweet?”
“Every single part of Michika is sweet.”
I couldn’t help but chuckle at how cute Cedric was as he bit my fingers.
“I’m not leaving you again. Never.”
I whispered and kissed him on his tall nose, on his cheeks, and on his lips. Cedric received it with an enraptured look, his cheeks turning red. As our eyes met, he smiled with joy. Perhaps, Cedric was the only person who would be so happy to receive my kiss. What a peculiar and beautiful young man he was.
“About a week ago, I found out that you were in the city near that mountain, and pinpointed the location of your place. There is a rumor in town that there is a merchant who constantly go into the difficult area alone to collect expensive herbs.”
Well, it wasn’t surprising that there were rumors. I looked frail no matter how they saw me. And yet, I went to difficult places and came back with a bag full of medicinal herbs. Of course it was going to be the talk of the city.
Yuki-kun didn’t know what I did for a living here, so he had to look for me in all places. But maybe it wasn’t so difficult for Cedric to find me since he knew what I did for a living.
“Even though I knew where you were, I didn’t have the courage to go and see you. Today, I finally made up my mind to see you.”
Cedric said that when he went to city, he first waited in front of my house. But no matter how long he waited, the person he was waiting for never came back. Worried that I might have gotten hurt somewhere, Cedric began to search around
Then he saw a white light coming from the mountain.
“I got chills when I found you confronting that man. I’m glad I got there in time.”
Cedric let out a relieved breath as he said that. Incidentally, his shoulder injury was completely healed. After we hugged, I checked the wound and found that it had closed up nicely. I was surprised, but I guess that was how it was with strong races.
“What power do you both possess? That thing is too strong to be warded by wind magic. I’m not too sure about that sword’s magic either. Is it because of that power that you are able to stay safe during herb collecting, Michika…?”
“How can you transform into a dragon yourself, Ced? You mentioned dragonkin earlier.”
Which one should we talk about first?
Perhaps we both thought the same thing, as we let out a small groan at the same time.
“Shall we talk about everything that we haven’t told each other tonight?”
“We should, Micihka.”
We smiled at each other and had a short kiss. Then, we talked to each other about things we hadn’t talked about before.
Cedric widened his eyes when I told him that I came from another world ten years ago. And I was impressed to hear that he was from the extinct race of dragonkin and that he was pretending to be a lizardman all along.
The night heightened as we talked, the sky began to turn bright.
“Aahmm”
Cedric gently patted my head as I let out a small yawn.
“Now there’s nothing we don’t know about each other, Ced.”
“Right, Michika.”
“I’m so happy.”
When I hugged him tightly and laid my cheek against his chest, he held me back and kissed the top of my head gently. His hand, which was patting my head was big, and I realized once again that the little cute boy I knew was gone.
The one who was here was my lover, who was a bit of a crybaby and and yet still lovely.
“Let’s take a break from work today. I don’t know what I’m going to do with my work base…”
“If you change your base to that city, I’ll go with you, Michika”
“I see. Hmm.”
As we were talking, my sleepiness reached its limit. I was slowly falling asleep in Cedric’s arms.
“Good night, my dear Michika.”
I heard Cedric’s gentle voice.
* * *
We were sitting around the breakfast table together for the first time in two months, after we woke up from our sleep. We woke up late, though, so it was almost evening. Our meal was a simple baked bread and soup. But I was very happy to be back with my daily life. With Cedric.
I was truly happy, but,
There was so much going on yesterday, and so much to process. After waking up, I was busy sorting through the information in my brain. I was so distracted by it that I finished my meal without really tasting it.
I sipped the tea that Cedric had made for me after dinner, letting out a sigh of relief and said what I had been thinking.
“Dragonkin is a rare species that people target, aren’t they?”
Cedric tilted his head, waiting for my next words. He looked somewhat anxious.
“Can’t we get protection from this nation? I’m an otherworldly person with special power, and Cedric is the rare dragonkin. I think we have decent background to be protected.“
When Cedric heard my words, he looked like he was thinking before opening his mouth.
“It is true that if we are protected by this nation, our safety might be guaranteed to some extent. However, there is a higher possibility that we will be forced to use our power for the nation or be involved in some kind of scheme.”
“Ah, you’re right.”
I plopped down on the desk. Then, he gently patted my head.
“I know you’re worried about living with me. I’m sorry.”
His hand that stroked my hair was so gentle. I looked up and shook my head.
“I’m not worried. I just want to see if there is a safer place. I have my ‘complete protection’ and Ced is strong. I think the two of us will be safe from anything that comes our way.”
“You’re right Michika, if we stick together, we will be safe. Michika’s ability is to detect danger and hostility and prevent it. Even if the barrier is breached, I will be here. I don’t think there’s a safer place than here.”
Cedric’s words fell easily into my heart.
“Right. The two of us… will be fine if we stay together.”
“Yes. We should always stay together.”
“I will protect you, Ced.”
“I will also protect you, Michika.”
I smiled, and Cedric smiled too. When I stood up and reached out to him, as usual, he embraced me in his lean arms.
There might be more horrible and sad things to come.
But as long as we were together, we would be fine.
Perhaps our encounter was meant for us to support each other and live in this world.
“I’m so glad I met you, Ced.”
“Me too. I’m glad I met Michika.”
Cedric’s face came approaching me and his soft hair, which reminded me of a snowfall, brushed my cheek.
I closed my eyes, waiting for my beloved’s lips to come.
Previous || Table of Contents || Next
Comments
Post a Comment