RBRP Chapter 4 - 6

 

Redemption of the Blue Rose Princess

Translator: Baobao
Proofreader: Dream

Chapter 4 - 6: The Dark-haired Aide is Reaching Out His Hand


She was trapped in the bottom of the dark, cold, dense water. The distant clamor of curses transformed into orange flames, snatching away her way to escape.


Thus, the black Grim Reaper passed down his verdict in enmity. Then again, the young girl was awoken by her scream.


I have enough of this already. Can I truly change the future in this state?


It had been a while since Alicia had free time in the afternoon. Sitting quietly on an uneven surface of the jagged wall, Alicia rested her chin on her knees.


She managed to stick through the awfully long tutoring lessons, receiving Clovis's help at times, and also gathered as much information that she could.


However, in recent years, there was nothing that could possibly spark a war. Looking at it, it was highly probable that Empress Elizabeth was the one who triggered the upcoming war. But how could a ten-years-old girl prevent that?


I don't have enough clues. Star Envoy, is she really that unfriendly?


"Your Highness?!"


Alicia was reminded of the young man with extraordinary beauty in the back of her mind, as a gasp sounded from behind Alicia, who was still grumbling to herself. The Princess who thought that there was no one around her, turned around in surprise, just to see Clovis with the look of horror on his face.


"Well, If it isn't Clovis. What are you doing in a place like this?"


"I was on my way to the Chancery with other clerks when…. that doesn't matter right now!"


Alicia quickly got the picture as she could see several officers standing in the hallway when she peeked over his shoulder. When she tilted her head to have a better look, Clovis took a step closer in panic, a scene that no one could ever imagine due to his usual composed self.


"Please get off from that place right now. If anything, Your Highness will fall down being blown by the wind!"


"Fall? No way, I'm not that clumsy. Besides, the wind is so gentle today. And doesn't the sky look so nice?"


"That's not what I….!"


"Hey Clovis! We're heading to the Chancery."


"Huh?! What?!"


He widened his eyes in surprise looking at his colleagues who just waved their hands. Alicia shrugged her shoulders, as she felt amused that today, her remarkable aide who usually answered to anything with calm demeanor had completely lost his composure.


"Everyone is already used to see me sitting here. This is my favorite place, so I frequently sit down here."


"In other words, Your Highness has done this dangerous act many times…"


Alicia said it to reassure him, but Clovis held his temple while sighing heavily.


Whatever he thought of, he climbed up next to Alicia, sat down by her side and leaned down against the wall.


"It's settled. I won't leave this place until Your Highness gets off from here."


"Huh? don't you need to follow the other clerks?"


"I only come here to fetch some documents. Protecting Your Highness is far more important."


"Aren't you… being a bit overprotective?"


"No matter what Your Highness says, I won't draw back."


Just like his statement, Clovis who gently looked at Alicia with his almond shaped eyes, didn't seem to have any intention to move no matter what happened, until Alicia got off the wall.


If this kept going, it was hard to keep on her mind. And It wasn't even possible to keep off her remarkable aide from staying. When Alicia tried to get off the wall, Clovis caught the sight of outside scenery.


"As expected of the castle that was originally built for the core point of military base… even I can see the whole capital from this place"


"It's a nice view right? Those local folks, mansions in residential areas, Elam river that crosses the city, and lush green forest. On a clear day like today, you can see even further down. I wonder if I can see the whole Kingdom."


"I feel like I can understand Her Highness' feelings"


As Alicia's chest swelled with pride, the young aide looked upon the scenery, feeling impressed. Alicia, who was feeling exhilarated, pointed to the buildings one by one and showcased her knowledge about the city.


"The red roof over there is a popular bakery among the folks. They immediately sold-out right after they baked the goods. That orange roof is Madam Elsa's Tailor. Right before the ball season, Madam will be really busy from morning till night."


"Your Highness knows well."


"Also, have you seen the floating lanterns of Elam River? The river will be colored in orange from tons of lanterns, it will be really pretty. Right! At the next Star Festival we should…"


Alicia got stuck in the middle of her words. In her previous life, she died on the night of the Star Festival. She got stabbed on the chest by this young man in front of her.


Clovis slightly cocked his head towards his Master, who abruptly stopped in the middle of talking. However, he didn't inquire further and immediately gazed back to the scene of the capital.


"Your Highness, have you been down to the city? Your explanations are very detailed, perhaps to inspect the street or…"


"I haven't. Actually, they are all stories from the maids. I never left the castle even once."


As Alicia felt grateful that the conversation flow was changed naturally, she shook her head. She tried to pull herself together, but Clovis blinked and looked at Alicia in surprise.


 

Previous Chapter || Table of Contents || Next Chapter  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not a Lizard but a Dragon 31 - 44

He's not a Lizard but a Dragon 1 - 10

He's not a Lizard but a Dragon 21 - 30